Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Snafu??

The week has been progressing well until today. I will recap it all quickly. Monday was a fun day of perusing plant nurseries with Janee for the Mayfair plant sale. Tuesday -- thought I had to work, but did not so I did some errands for Janee, had lunch with Brandt, got a hair cut, and prepared to go to N.O. on Thursday to be re-fingerprinted for our 171-H (Petition to Adopt an Orphan). I got lots of forms ready, spent a lot of time on the phone in the past week with the social worker to make sure that our HS would be finished and ready. Everything was working out beautifully until about an hour ago. We were planning to go to McComb tonight so that the drive would not be as long in the morning (our appt is for 8:20 am -- my thinking is that we will wait less time the earlier we are there). I came home from work early to get ready to go. I stopped to listen to the messages. There was a message from a very unprofessional sounding woman that said, "Erica Dick. We'd be appreciative if you would cancel or change your appointment for USCIS tomorrow. I will call you back if I get a chance." That was it!! There was not a name given, not a telephone number given, nothing!!!!! Brandt thinks that someone hacked into the system and got our phone number and is trying to get us to cancel so that they can have our appt. time. : ) Not sure if that is the case, but this is CRAZY! On the caller ID the phone number says US Government, but if you try to call it, you get a disconnect message. I am so frustrated. We are still going to go tomorrow. We have taken off of work, and all is planned. I hope and pray that it works out!

The best thing about today is the hug from my sweet son and the hope of soon getting one from my daughter.

No comments: