Monday, April 07, 2008

Lots of catching up to do

As usual it has been quite a while since I have posted an update. I just reread my previous posts and realized how much I have to catch you up on. First of all -- I did not return to teaching or even Title 1 Tutoring. It did not work the way that I thought it would. It was ok, though. I was able to be the stay at home mom that I wanted to be for a while. The end of October I began working at a local jewelry store. What a change. I have never worked retail, and I started this job just in time for the Christmas rush! I survived, and had fun, too.

Let's see.... other changes... Oh yeah, we have a DAUGHTER!!!!! I called our agency late Jan. or early Feb. to "make sure we were still on the list". We were and were told that we were a little better than half way to the top. I did some quick calculations and decided that it would be June or July before we got our "call". Imagine my surprise when we got a call on March 19. ( I will do a separate post on the details of "the call". Her name is Fu Ni Hua, and she was born on August 14, 2006. That is just 2 months after we were approved to begin the adoption process! We are so in love with her. We were told that we could expect to travel in 3-4 months. I am hoping sooner rather than later.

It has been a wonderful few weeks, but the time has reverted to an absolute crawl. We received our Pre-approval from China today. That means that the Chinese government has received our Letter of Intent (LOI) saying that we want to adopt this child. They will now move our dossier to the match room so that we can be officially matched with her. This step usually takes several weeks. More waiting.... will it ever end??? Enjoy these pictures of our beautiful daughter!

No comments: