Thursday, April 24, 2008

Catching Up

If anyone actually read my blog, I would apologize for not keeping it up to date, but because this is mostly for my benefit I will just recap all that has happened in the last week.

Regarding the Snafu -- We got to N.O. almost late - so panic mode had begun. I went in before Brandt (he let me out and went to park). You have to put all items through the x-ray machine -- just before doing so, I remembered the camera in my purse. I took it out and was told that it could not be in there. They would not hold it either. Had to take the camera to Brandt and get him to put it in the car. In the meantime, I went to the first window for processing. The lady at the window, told me that she was the one who called me. I played ignorant. She took my paperwork, and asked where my letter was requesting a renewal. What?? Where is the copy of your 171 - H? What? I was told that I had to have both of these things before she could take my paperwork. She also informed me that they do not make copies there. I was close to tears, but asked if we could get fingerprinted when we returned with these things. No - we will make an appointment for you. What??? Last time we were able to do all of this on one day. We left, found a Kinkos, wrote a letter, made a copy, went back turned it all in, and did not get finger printed. They did, however, give us a fingerprint appointment for May 2. ARGH!! We were not able to go to the zoo as there were 5,000 school children there on a field trip. (slight exaggeration - maybe). We went to the aquarium instead. I did take pictures, but they have not been downloaded to the computer yet. I will add them one day.

Working - I have decreased my work hours, so that I may spend more time doing the things that I want to do. See earlier posts. I have gone back and begun to work on Zachary's quilt, even.

Lucy - Still waiting to hear the next steps in our journey.

The best thing about the past week has been spending more time with Zachary and finding bedding that will match Lucy's room decor.

No comments: