Wednesday, April 09, 2008

A Quiet Day

It was a fairly quiet day. It's beginnings were not so quiet, however. I was awakened oh about 4 minutes after dosing off last night. Z had an earache. It was pretty painful according to his tears and moans. About an hour and a half later (and Tylenol and ear drops and going downstairs to sleep in recliners - yes both of us), we finally were able to get some rest. Poor thing was just miserable. He was so sweet though. He apologized for waking me up and thanked me for taking care of him. I told him that was my job, and I was happy to do it. After an early morning visit to the pediatrician, we were able to spend the day together at home. He even kicked my butt at Leggo Star Wars! (He always does though!)

While at the ped. office I asked about immunizations for our trip to China. It turns out that he only needed one shot, and we were able to get that done today!!! I don't think Brandt and I will be so lucky, however.

On a sad note, my friend's cat died this afternoon. She had been sick after eating three colored pom poms that her daughter had been using to decorate a project. What made the cat eat these pom poms I will never know. Kitty will be truly missed.

I still haven't figured out all there is to know about this blogging. I have tried for the last hour almost to replace the map of China or Lucy's province on here, but it keeps turning out way too small. I will have to check into the issue again tomorrow. It has been a long day. Good night!

PS -- I have decided to have a best thing about the day post attached to each one.

The best thing about today was my sweet son thanking me for taking care of him and the spontaneous "I love you, Mommy" he gave me! I love that kid!!

No comments: