Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happiness

Happiness is ...

1. spending the day with your two children doing errands (crazy, I know but it worked today!).
2. seeing your son's bare arm for the first time after having a cast on for 4 weeks.
3. feeling the soft skin of your son's hand as he grasps your hand while telling you all about video game strategies while walking into K-Mart.
4. realizing that 5 months ago today your daughter was placed into your arms for the first time in a foreign country over 18,000 miles away.
5. feeling as if your daughter had been placed in your arms so much longer than a mere 5 months ago.
6. seeing your daughter laugh with her daddy after not wanting to have much to do with him for the first few months.
7. seeing your daughter sit in her big brother's lap while he plays video games.
8. seeing your husband when he comes home from work.
9. hearing the excitement in your daughter's voice when she hears her daddy coming in the door.
10. watching your children sleep.
11. watching your children play Guitar Hero in Wal-Mart.


I was overwhelmed with happiness this morning. I am not sure what made it so, but the day just clicked for me. I allowed Z to stay home from school because he had to go this morning to get his cast off. I decided to let him take the rest of the day off also. We had a really good day. We didn't do anything spectacular -- like I mentioned before we just did errands, but it was good! I am posting some pictures of our day!
I will post more catch-ups later.


My son will not take a picture without some sort of goofiness to save his life! That is part of his charm I guess.













Can you believe that parts of this cast used to be white?? Even Lucy wonders if it will ever be clean again.





This is Zachary so excited when he knows for sure that his cast is coming off.











Lucy is watching to make sure that the nurse does not hurt her Ge Ge.








These are two of the most precious (if not THE most) precious children in the world, and I am proud to be their mama!
I love you Lu and Z!

1 comment:

Leigh said...

The picture of them playing video games is precious. Not too many brothers would do that.