Monday, March 08, 2010

It's been awhile....

As I was lying in bed waiting for Brandt( so I could say good night), I decided to click on my blog link that is on my facebook page. When I did I was surprised to discover that it has been just over one year since I last updated! It really struck me as funny because my last post was all about Lucy and her yearly eye appointment. We just had her this years appt last week. So, this year's update is that Dr. Mungan has decided to try glasses on her. The glasses will not completely correct her vision, but rather correct her nearsightedness and help with distance vision. She and I went last Monday to pick out some pretty new glasses. They are going to be purple!!! I will post pictures (definitely on FB, but maybe here, too) when she gets them. It should be the end of this week or the first of next.

So what else has gone on in the past year???? Zachary is growing faster than I'd like. He is almost as tall as I am now, and I really hate that. I made him (very briefly) sit in my lap last night, so I could remember how my baby boy felt. He thought I had lost my mind!! He will be 10 in a few weeks!! He has had a busy few months. He played AYA basketball during January and February. His team came in second place overall in his division!!! He is also participating in the Natchez Pilgrimage Pageant -- he is dancing in the Big Maypole. I just got to watch him tonight, and he did a fabulous job!!! He is also still excelling in school. He has been the top Accelerated Reader student in the school this year. One nine week period alone he earned over 200 points!!! He continues to amaze me everyday!!

Lucy started preschool this year! She loves her teacher , Mrs. Hutchins. It has been just perfect for her as there are only 4 other kids in her class. Her social skills and language have just blossomed!!! She has grown so much (especially her hair!!) this past year. It is hard to believe that not too long ago she was a scared little girl being placed in my arms in China. As I write this, I realize that tomorrow will be the 2 year anniversary of the first time we saw her picture!! It seems forever and just yesterday at the same time! That precious little strawberry blonde girl has sure changed (and completed) our lives!! She continues to bless us everyday.

Brandt is still the Chaplain at Trinity School ( and he teaches a couple of science classes), and I have gone back to work at the school as well. I will try to be better about posting. If you actually read this let me know, so I will know that it wasn't all for naught!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Well it's about dawg gone time you got us filled in on life...that is those of us who closed down our facebook accounts. Ha. (Couldn't handle the time wasting it was for me.)
It's Vicki and Emily...from the MCAF group. We miss seeing ya'll. Come visit soon.
Also, I wanna do a field trip to Natchez sometime this summer -- with Emily and mom. Would LOVE to hook up w/you and your kiddos. I don't know too much about Natchez. May need a tour guide. Ha.
Thanks for posting.
Hugs,
Vicki
http://waiting4emily.blogspot.com/

Nicole said...

YAY!!!! So glad to see an update!!!! Miss you guys... it's going to be strange being in China without you. Scott doesn't know how we'll find Pizza Hut without Brandt saying "Ni Hao, Pizza Hut?" :)

Love and hugs to you all!!!!