Thursday, February 19, 2009

When all else fails...

So, today we were supposed be at the school at 4 for report card pick up/ teacher conference. Which, by the way, was very good -- all A's! Brandt just stayed at school, and Lu and I were to meet him there. We got ready to go, but I could not find my keys. I searched everywhere, but no luck. Brandt ended up coming home to pick us up for the meeting. So later this evening, we started looking for them again. Brandt and I searched the entire house again for the keys. They were no where to be found. I had to have them, so I can take Lucy to her eye appointment tomorrow. We were beginning to plan how we could do it all with one vehicle when I thought of stories people would tell about their young children finding things. So....


Me: "Lucy, do you know where mama's keys are? Can you go find my keys?"


Lucy: "keys"


Lucy turns and walks into the other room. Brandt followed her to see where she was going. She trotted back less than 30 seconds later keys in hand. Apparently she put them away for me. So, when all else fails.... ask the 2 year old!
Notice the keys in her lap!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

She's so smart, AND so organized! ;)

Nicole said...

Ha!!!!! Yep, we've had that scenario play out in our house before. Better start learning her hiding places! :o)

hugs,
Nicole